Children ages 3-5 years, who are residents of Westfield, are eligible to enroll in preschool. Admission requirements and enrollment procedures are as follows:
The following requirements must be met to enroll a child in school:
- A child must be 3 years old to be admitted into the program. Fort Meadow ECC has a rolling registration policy based on availability.
- Prior to enrollment all children must be screened unless the child is referred for Special Services.
- Classes are filled on a first-come/first-served basis according to the date of screening.
- If the classes are filled when a parent calls, the child will be screened and child’s name will be placed on a waiting list to fill vacancies as they occur.
- Children are admitted regardless of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, religion, or ability to pay.
1) A birth certificate must be presented. This will be returned to the parent/guardian.
2) A doctor's certificate must be presented certifying that the child has been successfully immunized against diphtheria,pertussis, tetanus, measles, polio, rubella, and mumps, unless except for medical or religious reasons. A lead screening must be completed.
3) Registration forms, available at the school office, must be completed and submitted to the school office.
4) Each child must be examined by a family physician.
5) A screening must be conducted for each child entering the program.
6) Parents of transfer students must complete a records release form.
Changes of address, home phone numbers, and emergency numbers should be reported to the teacher promptly.